Have Faith

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 22, 2012

The I Ching;


"If a person or thought or practice is not in harmony with the principles of the sage, quietly let go."

Sometimes we have to let go of things in our lives. 

Some things, practices, activities, and people are only meant to be in our lives for a season; others are meant to stay a lifetime. 
You will know when it is time to let go of something or someone in your life by listening to your spirit. 

If something no longer resonates with you or your goals, it is time to let it go. 

The same principle goes for people. 

If someone no longer is in harmony with which you have become as a person, it is time to let them go. Although this may be hard, in the end it will be the best for both of you. 
Stay true to who you are and surround yourself with people, practices, and thoughts that are in harmony with your life.

Letting go is the toughest part. We don't really have that many things that are dear to our heart.

Kept thinking on down through the years that the love and understanding I had was so complete that no matter what another may think or say or do I only had to open my arms wide and embrace them, because I could not claim love if I shut another out, for any reason. 

But I’ve learned differently here of late, and sometimes, to stay true to light and truth, we must quietly let go of that and those desire is to hold back and keep repeating the past.

As hard as it is, we can't allow anyone or anything else to continually drag us down. 

In fact, letting go can be as much for the other person's well-being as it is for our own well-being. 

No one needs constant negative energy; it can wear you down just like water can wear on a rock. As you said, this can become a pattern and someone has to break it or else it can totally disrupt your life.

So peculiar to discover I had a mistaken idea about turning the other cheek. To continue to protect what cannot be countenanced because one fears another is not strong enough to take the truth, is to foment continual misunderstanding. 
I don't know, I’m just working out the logistics at present, because I desire above all things, to do what is right and true and kind and leads to a good life for all us human beings, yet in the particular, it is tricky.

I'm not much of a believer in turning the other cheek...But I do tend to give people way too many chances.

A lot of people can't handle the truth.



ps/smph
9.08pm