Have Faith

Search This Blog

Monday, July 23, 2012

Be slow to speak and quick to listen.


Read between the words and tone of voice.

The next time you are with someone, try to gauge what they are feeling.

Don’t just listen to their words, look deep inside to see if you can get a handle on what they are feeling.

Read between the lines. Look past the words; listen with a clear mind and an open heart.

It really is an art form that has been lost often in everyday life.

If we impose preconceived thoughts of the other it may not be so effective.

Practice active listening, it can work miracles.

Reach beyond the five senses and feel grasp the person's vibration frequency.

This is so important...the listener hears so much more by engaging completely in the words, expressions, tone and demeanour of the person talking.

So much more understanding and depth enters into the conversation when this practice is followed.

One thing that gives me a deep sense of gratitude in my own life is the feeling of being heard and truly listened to.

Do this and it will becomes a habit, non verbals are the dominant in communication.

Let's continue to hold each other.

I was actually ridiculed by a college professor for this. She made fun of me for looking at and nodding my head when I identified with a speaker in our class. 
She penalized the speaker for looking at me the whole time. 

Active listening for me is allowing someone a spiritual space in which to communicate, whether I'm one on one with some and this does require keeping your own egoistic dialogue at bay for a while, but that awareness is what we must be out to achieve.

ps/smoh