Have Faith

Search This Blog

Monday, July 29, 2013

"I care not so much what I am in the opinion of others, as what I am in my own; I would be rich of myself and not by borrowing."

If you form your self-esteem and self-image on the opinion of others, you are in trouble. 
Their opinions are many times uninformed, fickle, and just plain wrong. 
You have to know who and what you are deep inside, and allow other to think what they will.

There is so much about you that other people are not privileged to, such as your true character, honour, integrity, thoughts, and intentions. 
Without knowing these things, no one is in a position to know who or what you truly are. 
But, you should know.

Too many people don't even know who they are. 
They have never taken the time to think about the kind of person they want to be, or the kind of principles they want to live by; they just live. 

The true being should know who and what she/he is, and live so. 

ps/smoh