Have Faith

Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

GOD....

One of the most divine, sacred, deeply religious things that can happen is a total loss of your personal religion, a dropping of your second-hand belief in God and a waking up to what the word 'God' has always been pointing to, beyond words and sounds and images and the passing of experiences. 

To confine God to a word, a belief, an image, a feeling, a concept, a story, a dream, an ideology, to imprison God in a time-bound religious system, is to put limits on the vastness and give God a boundary, an inside and an outside, a shape, a form, a time-frame. 

To believe in God, to think of God, to dream of God, to argue about God, to claim God as 'mine' or 'ours' in any way, is to separate ourselves from God and each other, and create division where there is none.

That is idol worship, the worship of form and story and mental truth, and it is not a sin but a vast limitation, a human forgetting of what can be only ever hinted at by the metaphor 'God'.

God cannot be anything less than the totality, than all that is touched, tasted, heard, smelled, known, imagined and dreamed, and whether we dream of the God of a personal religion or of God's non-existence or even death, God is a word, a metaphor, for That which gives rise to all of it, prior to human belief and knowledge and even faith.

Yes, this is so vast that even our faith is too small to contain it, and our science cannot touch it, and yet it is as intimate and obvious and present as the very next breath...

We may all adhere to different religions, and hold on to different beliefs, and dress in different ways, and speak different languages, but we are all secretly intimate with the same God.

We are all in the business of parsing our concepts of God. 

Whether done via religion, or our choices of who deserves our "love" and who does not, it's just another piece of the All That Is. Our choice to be limited is one of the ways we learn about "no limits". Our choice to appear and feel separate teaches us about the beauty of "oneness". 

It's a perfect system.

"God cannot be anything less than the totality, than all that is touched, tasted, heard, smelled, known, imagined and dreamed, and whether we dream of the God of a personal religion or of God's non-existence or even death, God is a word, a metaphor, for That which gives rise to all of it, prior to human belief and knowledge and even faith."

GOD.
I do not have a religion
I have GOD.
I am not part of a denomination
I am part of GOD.
I do not honor beliefs or rules
I honor GOD.
I do not worship a preacher, guru, priest or leader
I do not sit in a pew or building on Sunday or Friday
I sit in GOD.
I do not dress in fine clothes
I do not sing to impress an audience
I do not worry or fear
I trust GOD.
I do not judge myself or others
I do not LOVE things
I LOVE GOD.
I do not doubt GOD.
I know God IS pure, powerful, perfect LOVE and LIGHT
and I Am too!