Have Faith

Search This Blog

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Truth.but how can we discern what is true? Or is it all relative to the one who looks at things?..

Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many: the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden. Phaedrus

Be very careful what you believe; many times what seems like the truth, when examined closer, is nothing but lies with a thimble full of truth mixed in for the purpose of deception. Governments do this and people do this. What amazes me is the fac
t that so many people swallow these deceptions without so much as questioning those in authority. Question authority. 

As Hans Reichenbach stated, "No statement should be believed because it is made by an authority." Be one of the few that takes the time to look beneath the veil and see things as they really are.

 I have one question that is troubling me. Does anyone believe that Truth is affected by an individual's paradigm? In other words, that what they view as the Truth has a great deal to do with where they come from or how they were raised? Just a thought.

Give a small amount of truth so that you can lead people down the primrose path of your own fabrication. Not just governments either, though they are probably the biggest culprits.

What someone "views" as truth is affected by where they come from or how they were raised, but someone's personal views do not change the actual truth. As W. Clement Stone wrote, "Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance." A persons point of view doesn't change the facts. Their point of view is simply their opinion. A fact is something that can, in actuality, be proved either true or false. There is in fact, only truth and untruth, and someone's opinion has no affect it the matter...their opinion is merely that - an opinion.

Now, whether or not anyone can truly know enough to know the ultimate truth concerning many subjects, such as God, mystical subjects, ect., is an entirely different argument.

Quantum physics... that's some pretty 'out there' stuff. Almost delving into the metaphysical. There are Great Truths that are not based on what the observer is observing, in my opinion. The material world is a world of illusion, or at least so the Buddhists say. I tend to agree. What originates here is impermanent, therefore illusory. Truth comes from a higher source.

It is much easier to recognize error than to find truth; the former lies on the surface, this is quite manageable; the latter resides in depth...

Truth is not a matter of personal viewpoint, but is rather exact correspondence with reality. The question is whether or not we can deduce what reality is...

Nowadays we lost the ability of being amazed by the universe and, therefore, we can't imagine anything outside of what we have created in our minds as "Reality." Once we open up our mind a bit, we discover we live in a wonderfully complex and yet beautiful world

The problem is that most people use less than 10% of their mind. Just imagine what truths would be revealed if the other 90% of the human mind was harnessed.

One of the greatest errors we have made in our educational system is to stop teaching philosophy. People can't seem to know what it means to think and reason. Now, the common understanding of reality is: "If I think it's right, then it must be right." raising opinions to facts is a major set 
up for conflict.

That's why I like books that stimulate thinking.

The vast majority of people don't care about real education anymore; they just want a piece of paper they can hang on the wall and a job so they can live their life in blissful ignorance..

It's a huge problem, and we can't compete with the world if we have uneducated people running our businesses... 
Keep asking myself, what can I do?

"It is a truth from a certain point of view."