Have Faith

Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

My book is my own intuition...




Do you usually read only one book at a time, cover to cover or read many books in parallel? Either way, what are your reasons?

For me depends on the book - if it's hot in the attention grabbing area then I'll finish it cover to cover usually in 1-2 days. If it's a hard read then I'll have 2 books on the go at the same time.

Interest drives my habit of reading one book at a time, because my selection of having a book is totally based on the intensity of my interest.

It depends on the content. I only read one novel for enjoyment at a time. At other times I will be reading books that I intend to use for references, a couple chaps a day, while reading a novel.

If it's a novel the definitely, if the chapters build on each other than for sure the reader will not get the experience the author had intended.

If each chapter largely focuses on a particular topic and the structure of the book is explained both at the beginning and all the chapters are tied together at the end then each chapter is like a mini book.

Reading many in parallel; hunger for learning new things at same time, passion for particular topic, as well as, some books are more for inspiration, some more for knowledge, some in the morning, some more in the evening before going to sleep...

ps/smoh