Have Faith

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

So what is a love affair other than Yes meeting Yes?

I spend so much time talking to people about their relationships with others and all I see is that these always reflect their relationships with themselves. 

We'll never get along with others better than we get along with ourselves. 
We'll never love others more than we love ourselves. 
We'll never receive love from others more than we receive it from ourselves. 

If we only work on one relationship, let it be the one here at home.

In my experience, when I am sunbathing in the wonder of ME, head-swooningly and awe struckingly drooling at the magnificence of ME, that's when I am completely open, embracing, available to fully engage with other, all systems go, just a big YES YES YES!!!

When I'm having issues with ME, to that extent I am not here for relationship with anyone else. To the extent that I'm shutting down to something in ME or manipulating or dominating something in ME, to that extent will I inflict myself similarly on others.

I like this and I see how each relationship offers a mirror that helps me to work on my relationship with myself. 
When I see that every one's function is to point me back to Love, relationship becomes a true communion filled with grace and gratitude. 

Hi Mirror!!!

 "Love others as you love yourself" is less of a teaching and more of a statement of what is always true and happening.

I feel like I'm looking in a mirror if eye contact is maintained.

Aspects of self that love flows through freely...I love those parts of you, aspects of self that get frozen solid; I love those parts as well. so putting the love of your life in the delivery truck create them in the ethers  l...someone that loves you for who you are, that who you are is what they love and vice versa...then you got a best friend and playmate to dance with through it all. 
May as well throw in mutual attraction and all in its right timing (both available), and roughly similar philosophies about all this stuff.

The deepest hunger in one's heart for love has a compliment manifesting somewhere. 
Why not draw that compliment to oneself? 
That way we get to see that deepest hunger made manifest, and to assist us as yet another beacon "home."

I don't seeing hoping as any indication of lack, at least not the hoping I'm talking about. 

It's a benign hope that the love is being felt/received/getting through not so that I can get anything in return, not because I'm needing anything back or even recognition or to be seen. 

I've left all that behind, I'm so happy to say. I just hope that something is 'rubbing off', some stress is being relieved, and some self-love is being felt 'over there'. 
Because, although everyone is entitled to their own experience, and not only entitled but welcome to, I love it when I sense people are waking up their own magnificence.

Then we can play in the fields of how magnificent we are. 
Or, as good friend calls it, our awesomeness.

Let's all dance, 
let's all gather right now in the clouds, 
in the water, 
in the earth, 
in the bellies of horses hugging the canyon wall in a lightning storm let's all gather there and dance until the cows come home.... let's all dance.

Home is where the heart is... two hearts united also creates quite a wallop within those two hearts, and has such an expansive nature throughout the universe.
It’s all one after all. 



The time will come
When, with elation, 
You will greet yourself arriving
At your own door, in your own mirror,
And each will smile at the other's welcome,

And say, sit here, Eat.
You will love again the stranger who was yourself.
Give wine. Give bread. Give back your heart
To itself, to the stranger who has loved you

All your life, whom you ignored
For another, who knows you by heart.
Take down the love letters from the bookshelf.

The photographs, the desperate notes,
Peel your image from the mirror.
Sit. 
Feast on your life.

ps/smoh