Have Faith

Search This Blog

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Fortunately or unfortunately, that goes for all of us....

The truth is not what anyone tells me it is. 
It is what I know it to be.
Another mouth mouthing 
"This is how it is" or 
"This is what I know about you" can only speak from an interpretation, and not from any direct experience, of my life.

The "us", what is that? 

I know what the word means, but this is the only experience I can honestly speak for.

Can you speak for other people and if so, who and would they be able to confirm your accuracy? 

That would be fascinating.

I would love to hear how it is possible for someone else to speak for another because it seems impossible to me.


I know it could appear I am being an idiot, but that is the furthest thing from my intention. I am sincerely curious because I hear a person say things like "we" and "us" and "them" and I have no experience of that being possible.

"When I wrote "us" what I was thinking was how every human being can say to another "The truth is not what anyone tells me it is. It is what I know it to be. Another mouth mouthing "This is how it is" or "This is what I know about you" can only speak from an interpretation, and not from any direct experience, of my life." is all. I know that's how I feel." said Gina

It is quite possible there is a person on earth who can speak for another with total accuracy. I am open to it. I just don't know how it could be; said I

"When I became more aware of this and began speaking only of my own experience, my mum described me as one of the most self-centred people she knew. She could be right. How would I know?" - responded Rose.

Maybe I was actually looking in the mirror and seeing myself and what do I think? Are you self centred sometimes, I know I am sometimes.

Is there a way to not be self-cantered?

If I put my attention on to you, I am putting my attention on to what I think your "self" is. This doesn't solve the problem of being self-cantered; it just changes the supposed self that benefits from the attention.

Perhaps the language could be changed to:
Personality-cantered, to delineate the story that gets the attention.

My story is what I focus on because it is the one I actually have a little say in.

It appears there is only one self in seven billion bodies, each with a personality story. Since any story ends up not being true, who gives a shit if I focus on you or me? 
Neither one is really that big of a deal.

Since it is easier to eat the food I have access to, I focus on me.

The thing that appears most useful in pondering is the end of true selfishness, which wants others to focus on me. 

I will focus on me, you will focus on you, and mutual benefits between you and I will create an honest world.

ps/smoh