Have Faith

Search This Blog

Friday, December 13, 2013

Little minds are too much hurt by little things; great minds see all these things too, but are not hurt by them. La Rochefoucauld

Don’t allow every little thing that others say or do affect you. Be above the petty words and actions of others. You have much more important things to focus your attention on than these minor annoyances. 

Keep your concentration on your ultimate objectives and you will find that you neither have the time nor the interest to address minor, irrelevant things, much less allow them to actually hurt your feelings. 
You have to realize that these little things do not matter.

When I first started writing, I was constantly attacked in writing by those who disagreed with what I wrote. Many of these people were extremely rude and tactless in their approach, especially those who hid behind their computer screen and attacked me online. 


At first this would bother me and get me worked up, but as I began to realize the truth in this quote, their attacks became completely meaningless. 
In fact, they actually became a source of humour and kept me entertained for a brief second before I deleted them.

What you have to consider, when it comes to other people, is that not all opinions matter. I know, this may sound elitist, but it is the truth. 

It doesn’t matter what some half-wit says about my writing. The only opinions that matter are those which come from wise men who know what they are talking about. 

Would an alligator’s opinion about how to acquire food in the Arctic matter to a polar bear? 

Not really, because the polar bear would know that the alligator doesn’t have a clue about his native environment.

ps/smoh