Have Faith

Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Greatness in small things

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble.

It's encouraging and humbling to hear such a courageous and inspiring individual make this claim.

What if we were to take this as a commission to carry out our daily tasks with renewed purpose?  What would happen to the quality of our work? Our days? Our life?

It's only when we take small tasks seriously, with honor and dedication, that we open ourselves to even greater possibilities.

As we learn and master small ventures, we ready ourselves for more - and we discover
greater meaning along the way.

I am entrusted with both great and small tasks. My respect and care in approaching a task is consistent, no matter what I am doing.