Have Faith

Search This Blog

Monday, December 5, 2011

"Tears are the lubricants of change"

A good cry can be wonderful sometimes, and sadness is nothing more than love announced. Sadness and Unhappiness is not the same thing, and it is good to remember that. And there is this: sadness cleanses the heart.



Sadness had a particular purity about it when it's coming from your heart. And yes, once expressed, healing can take place. I always thought that tears a concentrated emotion as the angels are holding you...



You have to feel safe enough to accept & to go through the feelings of sadness! Then, with enough positive emotional support, the sadness may not immobilize you as depression!
So, now that she's gone unexpectedly, you can allow yourself to feel the grief-life being a contradiction, sadness born from having to let go of something beautiful, in every moment there is surrender.



A good cry is cathartic to the body and soul. When I feel boxed in by a frustrating problem, my usual M.O. is to first cry it out and then move on. I find that my insights are sharper, and I can relax about the issue and actually focus clearly on a resolution. This should be shared with everyone; especially those who bottle up their feelings.



Listen to YOUR heart and no one else. I’m so sorry for your loss. Take all the time you need. Celebrate her life, yes; but honour your feelings, too. All emotions are cleansing if we see them as such. WE must distinguish between feeling our emotions and BEING our emotions. Feeling is healthy!



I have been known to seek out the "Kleenex" movie to serve as catalyst to that wonderful good cry. Apparently we have a lot of love to announce. What’s not normal is never feeling sadness or elation.


Emotional tears are constituted differently than regular tears, containing a lot of hormones. I believe that crying helps release pent up chemicals when we are overwhelmed either by positive or negative emotion.


We need to feel our sadness to feel the other good feelings - from my own journey I have learned the tears are our own personal healers.


(TO YOU my dear friend AHD)