Have Faith

Search This Blog

Sunday, April 12, 2015

BE GENTLE WITH FEAR...

I just love this poem>>>>>>

It is a child of the unknown.
It has travelled light years to find you.
Do not be afraid to feel it fully.
It will not harm you.
Let it come closer, let it penetrate you if it must.
Feel its aliveness, its pounding heart, its vibrations and tingles in the body.
Until there is no division between 'self' and 'fear'.
Until you cannot call it 'fear' at all.
Until there is only life, raw and immediate, and nameless, and benevolent.
Fear is a breaking open into the unknown,
a shattering of certainties.
It is the forging of a new path into the vastness of night.
It is the thrill of being awake.
Fear reminds you
That you live on the edge of mystery.
That you drink from the fountain of possibility.
That your being is vast.
That only the false can die.
Do not push your fear away, or label it 'negative' or 'unspiritual'.
Do not pretend it is not there.
Do not rush to delete it, or transform it, or even heal it.
It is not an enemy, and not a mistake.
It holds great intelligence and healing power.
It is ancient and wise.
Bow before it.
Let fear be fear, fully itself.
But do not be afraid.
Let the body shake, let the heart quake.
And know that you are present.
And opening, and opening.
Let fear, so misunderstood,
Come to rest in your vast heart.
Standing on the threshold,
You take those first steps into the void.
You are shaking but you are so damn alive.
- Jeff F


Fear has always been triggered by the unknown, so I feverishly worked to create a known predictable reality which I felt in control of, 
until life managed to surprise me with all manner of experiences that I could not control, 
that seemed totally unpredictable, even overwhelming. 

It finally dawned that this strategy was not working, created even more fear and anxiety, and kept me boxed into a prison of my own making, living a very small life. 

Now fear has become an ally instead of an enemy, learning, to befriend fear, give it voice and space to be, it becomes a portal into presence, 
the terror of the unknown transforms into wonder, 
a childlike curiosity, 
a passion and aliveness that is pervasive, 
not knowing lightens my heavy load allowing lightness of being, 
the wisdom of my heart to guide me, 
to accept the fullness of this moment, 
to rejoice in beauty, 
the bountiful blessings bestowed with each breath, 

I am no longer the doer as life is effortlessly flowing through me, love unabashedly living me.

jb/ps/smoh