Have Faith

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

'sanga haal de' (how are you)

If you cannot accept that you are co-creating all of the conditions, circumstances, and events of your life, at least accept that you are creating your experience of them.
No one else can tell you how to feel about anything. Surely that is undeniable.

Perfection is the obstacle of creation and the enemy of achievement. At some point it may serve you to decide that a particular project or undertaking is complete.
Seeking excellence is one thing; never finding anything totally satisfactory is another

Is it because nothing, including the self, is never 'good enough'? No matter how wonderful it may seem.
One immediate example that comes to mind is the late Michael Jackson; he -was- so incredibly gifted but found demise in his tragic need to seek perfection, at any cost...

I agree that seeking excellence is a good thing, but finding satisfaction in whom and what I am is imperative. I struggle with this as well...especially where it involves artistic creativity.

As artists, they are never satisfied; they always think they could do better. I look sometimes at paintings I've done and people say it's amazing what I do, and I just say "What? I did nothing special" I thinks is kind of both, but mostly the searching for perfection.
But also we are never satisfied with the way we put our ideas and feelings in the world.