Have Faith

Search This Blog

Friday, December 11, 2015

I believe in the eternal soul. Being religious disqualifies you from being a person...



My question is when did you come to realize that you believe OR don’t believe in god?
No one is born with belief it is due to indoctrination; babies are born neutral and as I said it is not a choice not a conscious choice.

I didn’t make a choice to be a human being.
I didn’t make a choice to be born or being a female for that matter.

If I did I did not remember. Children do not have the capabilities of thinking beyond themselves until about the age of four. There is no God or spirituality to them. They literally do not have the developmental ability to process it.
Every newborn baby knows nothing about gods, nationality, racism, homophobia, misogyny or which football club to belong to until they are told what to believe or follow.
Children will emulate the adults around them.

By default when we are born we have no beliefs. A God would be one of those things we have no belief in. Granted it is not an atheist by thought, but in the simplest of terms. Until someone mentions a God, describes it, and presents it as something existing, the baby will have no belief in a God; if nobody ever mentioned this God, or presents the concept.

If we look at Piaget’s theory of moral development, children do begin moral development until the age of 4. Between 4-7, children begin to display heteronymous morality. The think justice and rules as unchangeable properties in the world, removed from the control of people.
From 7-10, they begin moral reasoning. Once they hit 10, they start to show autonomous morality. This is the age where they realize rules and laws are created by people. Also, they understand judgment and consequences. 
Babies/infants and toddlers literally cannot understand morality, let alone morality in a religious sense.

I know I was born not believing was mildly indoctrinated in my early years, questioned to myself the validity of religion belief in around high school, concluded there was no religion by the time I was 20-ish. I really hate labels, so I made a personal conclusion and my "Faith" is with me and believe that there is a higher power than me you might call God or IT or Universe that did not requires following any religious faith.
All I have to do to is to get educated and learn to think critically.

Belief is an option whether to believe Bunkum or you need to belong to a herd that blindly follows some leader.
If belief were a conscious choice, you could easily choose to believe anything I tell you now, no matter how crazy and really believe it, but you would not be able to.
You would realize, you really did not believe.

My goal is truth. That's it. And it seems simple, but it's not. Explaining truth can be confusing to those who are indoctrinated to think in a certain way.
But what tools do you use to determine the truth?
How much do critical thinking skills apply?

I do my best to bypass my emotions and opinions, even forgoing anecdotal experience in favour of hard facts and reality.
And I admit when I'm wrong, because learning is more important than being right.
However, we seem to live in a world where it is important to have an opinion, but that's it. It doesn't matter if it's based in fact.
We are a species that are run by emotions, and they have a pesky way of clouding our perspective.

Why do I need to be a theist or an atheist other than just be a human being?

Each of these two groups is best showing how the other is wrong of which I realize their intention is to confuse.
Unfortunately, we can’t deny the fact we all are humans.
As for being a theist or an atheist, it is a CHOICE.
The two groups are indirectly looking for FOLLOWERS and I am not here to follow any groups, esp. those that don’t look eye to eye.
Maybe I was born ahead of my time...

Theist is someone who believes in gods.
A - Theist is anyone who is NOT a Theist.
It is a very simple definition.

Atheist is NOT a word made up to collectively describe a group of people who once knew of a god and then just decided to be contradictory and rejected that belief.

A - Theism is just NOT being a Theist for whatever reason whether you are too young to know about gods or whether you have logically applied reason and reached the personal conclusion that gods are just a man med concept that have no bearing in the real world.
We're all humans we tend to like to categorize things, including ourselves theism/atheism is one kind of categorization. Sometimes, it's useful and meaningful, other times it's not. But we all do it. Heck, even categorizing ourselves as 'human' sets us apart from other life.
Shouldn’t we just then say, 'we're all life? Let’s get along!'

It is about opening a room for learning new things. Not making an absolute decision, but seeing that all things relate to one another. I’m pretty certain there is a LOT of life out there, and very likely a good number of intelligent, technological beings, some even very far ahead of us.

But that said, I very much doubt any of them, except in rare cases where they emerged nearby each other in both space and time, ever cross each other's paths. The realities of interstellar space travel are pretty stiff obstacles, and I would bet few, if ANY at all, ever work out how to overcome. That, plus the other uncertainties involved that can affect a planet and its biosphere will also have a significant impact in diminishing those numbers.

I’ve been learning all my life about everything I can lay my hands on, and I long ago understand that wishful thinking is a huge barrier to understanding the world as it really is and not as I’d like it to be.

200 years ago we didn't know what we know now, and we know some pretty important and fundamental stuff, you should look into it.
It tells us why some things are impossible, some unlikely, and explains a lot of things we know definitively. It also outlines the boundaries of the things we don't know, and in many cases why we don't 'know' them -- yet -- and where they probably fit in relation to what we do know. Don’t base hopes on our ignorance -- that's exactly what religion does.

Truth of the matter is none of us know our true origins. I personally don't believe intimate objects magically create life.
So life must have always existed.
It is certainly one of the most interesting topics to read about. I believe the Earth as well as the Universe is living beings.

Atheism/atheist and theism/theist are descriptors in relation to belief in god or gods, and NOTHING more. Atheists have no belief in god, theists do.
The reasons for atheists not having a belief in god can vary widely, and atheism says NOTHING about their other beliefs except that they don't include god.
The beliefs of theists can vary widely, and what ties them together is a belief in god.
Nothing more, nothing less.
That’s it.
Get it? Got it? Good.
Now, let's move on.

love light and peace
ps/smoh