Have Faith

Search This Blog

Saturday, February 18, 2012

This thing call 'love' is it really free????

"But let there be spaces in your togetherness and let the winds of the Heavens dance between you. Love one another but make not a bond of love: let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls." - Kahlil Gibran

Is Love free, unconditional Love??? Unconditional love is verrry rare on this planet, especially when it comes to human being.

Some say, love is something that is given & never taken. We get and feel what we give; we give what we create within. Love has no condition, acceptance is the gatekeeper. Love has a universal passport. It’s your border policy.

One of those "easier said than done" clichés eh? ;) So often we speak of unconditional Love yet, so often we overlook how almost every relationship has an expectation which makes the bond conditional after all.

Many times expectations make love to be unfree ... the same we can apply for happiness.
And of course it amuses me to see how many adults expect gifts on Valentine's Day. Sighhhh.... Measuring Love? Silly!

Do I love a man, my children, family or friends and HOPE they will love me as much? YES. Do I EXPECT them to love me with the same measure of intensity- NO. 
Expectations lead to disappointments, hurt and pain and diminish pure love. The only expectations I have are those I place on myself. You must love yourself first and all else will come to you by the grace of God.

I do believe the ONLY true love that is unconditional is towards our children! For me, I LOVE my child without expectation, without guard, without heart ache so to me this is REAL love in every way! :) Just my two cents..