Have Faith

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Fate and free will

Life is like a game of cards. The hand that is dealt you represents determinism; the way you play it is free will.

Are our life determined by fate??? Or do we master our own destinies?
If we take an honest look at our path to this point, it seems like a colourful mix of both.
This thought will unnerve any philosophical purist but how else can we explain our experience?

There are moments that appear to be orchestrated by powers outside us. We've been baffled by challenges and mercies alike that have transformed us and made us who we are today.
Then, there are just as many moments when the choice was in our hands, and our act of will made a real difference.

I don't understand providence and synchronicity. I know there are events and forces out of my control.
But,I will be diligent about the "cards" that are in my hand. I'll play as wisely as I can.