Have Faith

Search This Blog

Saturday, January 16, 2010

the daily grind

Most of our life is routine - dull and grubby, but routine is the mountain that keeps us going. If you wait for inspiration you'll be standing on the corner after the parade is a mile down the street.

Routine can be so boring, yet, to achieve a goal or foster a certain attitude
we must create a routine. Not only do we do our basic self-care each morning, we also write for half an hour in a journal because we've notice it puts us in a better mood for the rest of the day.

When we have a year long project, we know we can break it down into routine bite-sized portion that we complete each day.

Routine is the frame work we use to keep our pace and take our lives in the direction we've chosen.

Routine isn't bad, to me some routines have really helped me, like going for my morning walk..... I felt terrible if I miss it, its like waking up at the wrong side of the bed.

So try it and I will continue to use and adjust my routine to create a life that works well for me.