Have Faith

Search This Blog

Monday, April 8, 2019

This is today

I was somewhere today listening to a few people speak and at one point a man said, "Reckless unawareness" in response to a question about what triggers him.
"Reckless unawareness."
It struck me as such a common problem wrapped into a vibrant phrase.
"Reckless unawareness."
I couldn't really begin to picture what it was even as I could feel it happening all around me.
On the freeway.
In the markets.
In front of television sets.
Perhaps even face-to-face with family members, or lovers, or bosses, or animals.
"Reckless unawareness."
I couldn't find fault or judgment or shame in that way where I could accuse someone of it.
"You there, being recklessly unaware."
No.
Not like that.
Just more like a secret of the world that was in plain sight suddenly.
I don't think it means much to try and fix it with prescriptions and commands and to-do's as much as to simply repeat it here, his phrase so eloquent and concise:

"Reckless unawareness."  I also call it "Willful Obliviousness



love light and peace
ps/smoh