Have Faith

Search This Blog

Sunday, April 1, 2018

Hmmmmm

May you live every day of your life......the purpose of life is a life of purpose. There is no wealth but life.
My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can, that was me years ago.
But now a few years down the track..... the song has changed, the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on.
Any idiot can face a crisis - it's day to day living that wears you out. Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact.
But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. 
Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.
Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Everything has been figured out, except how to live, life itself still remains a very effective therapist.

I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.
Who will tell whether one happy moment of love or the joy of breathing or walking on a bright morning and smelling the fresh air, is not worth all the suffering and effort which life implies.
You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life. 
Your life is what your thoughts make it. 

Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued. Only a few things are really important. 

The fear of life is the favorite disease of this century. The great use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it.
This life is worth living, we can say, since it is what we make it.
When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say,
 "I used everything you gave me".


ps/smoh